In light of recent government requirements due to the rise of Covid cases, we have had to make some adjustments to our typical race day experience. Below are the modifications the City of Tigard has asked us to make if we want to hold an in-person event this year. If these changes affect your willingness to attend our event, please see the bottom of the page for details.
1. Packet pick-up and registration.
Packet pick-up will take place at New Balance in Bridgeport Village on Friday from 3-7pm. We strongly encourage all participants to pick up packets on Friday so we can alleviate congestion in the park. Our permit is contingent on us keeping packet pick up to a minimum on race morning. We will have a separate table for anyone picking up packets on race morning.
Race-day registration will be done online up until the race start. Each person may register on their own personal device up until the start (new this year). Once registered, simply walk up to the packet pick up table.
2. Staggered race start. We will have pace signs held by volunteers/monitors spreading out people behind the start line. We use chip timing which allows each person to start his or her time when he/she crosses the start line instead of when the horn goes off. Starting later than the horn will not give you a slower time! This ensures that we don’t have a crowd up front near the start line.
3. Finish line food. We will prepackage the food in baggies. We will have bagels, individual cream cheese and fruit in bags that people can grab when they finish and head to their cars. There will also be loaves of Dave’s Killer Bread available as well as drinks from Black Rock set out on tables, as well.
4. After-race spacing. We ask that you practice social distancing after finishing the race. We want you to be able to collect your medals, food, drinks and congratulate each other! But please be mindful of social distancing requirements in the park. Instead of doing an awards ceremony, we will announce the award right when a winner finishes and you will pick up your award from the prize table.
5. Masks will be worn before the race and during any packet-pick up that happens on Saturday morning. We will not require masks when running but when runners are finished we will have disposable masks at the end of the race for participants to put on when grabbing their pre-packaged food items and medals.
6. Water. We will have 1 aid station as usual with cups pre-poured on a table. Water will not be handed to runners but you will still be cheered on wildly by our aid station volunteers!
We understand that this is not an ideal race situation and definitely not the race experience we were hoping for. If you are already registered and do not wish to participate in person this year because of these changes, please email email@example.com and we will change you to a virtual runner and mail your packet, shirt and swag to you. Please do this before 11:59 pm on Monday, August 30th so we can mail it to you in time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the necessary steps to avoid the spread of Covid-19 and still allow us to raise some money for children’s cancer research.