Please read the following waiver and respond by typing your name in the below answer box as acknowledgement of your consent as a volunteer for the Hero-Up Half Marathon & 5k. If you are a minor (under the age of 18) please have your parent or guardian initial on your behalf.
By checking in the box below, I hereby accept a position as a Volunteer for Hero-Up For Children’s Cancer (HUFCC), upon the following terms, conditions, and understandings.
Terms and Conditions
1. My services to HUFCC are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation, or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker’s compensation accrual in any form, vacations, or sick time.
3. I fully understand that HUFCC expects high standards of respectful treatment of runners, volunteers, and spectators. I agree to abide by these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer.
4. I understand that HUFCC, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, as deemed appropriate by HUFCC directors.
5. On behalf of myself, and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless HUFCC and its directors, officers, sponsors, and volunteers, from any and all claims, causes of action, and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of HUFCC
6. Understanding that public relations is an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of HUFCC, I hereby authorize HUFCC to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relations purposes. I ask that HUFCC use reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relations purposes.